BC Golf Courses Frequently Asked Questions
Have questions about booking a golf vacation through Golf in British Columbia. We have answers to some common questions:
BC Golf Packages
- What do BC golf course packages include?
- Is it possible to add/remove golf courses from the promoted package?
- Can I create a custom golf itinerary?
- What are the accommodation options?
- Do the golf packages include flights?
- What if there are one (or more) non-golfer(s) in the group?
Booking your BC Golf Trip
- How far in advance would you recommend booking a golf getaway?
- What methods of payment do you accept?
- How much of a deposit is required?
- When is the balance due?
- Is there a fee to change my reservation?
- What is your cancellation policy?
Group Golf Trips
- What is the ideal size for a group golf party?
- What if all the participants haven’t confirmed yet?
- Can we pay individually rather than one person pay for everyone?
- What golf course information do you provide?
- Is golf attire required?
- What if it rains on our day of play?
- Are you able to suggest non-golf activities?
- What is the best time of year to take a BC golf vacation?
BC Golf Packages
1. What do BC golf course packages include?
Items listed on the trip summary page are included in your golf package– typically (but not limited to) green fees, shared power cart, accommodation, and sometimes après-golf activities or tours.
Items such as hotel parking, meals, incidental items that you charge to your room, pro-shop purchases etc., are not included unless specifically stated.
2. Is it possible to add/remove golf courses from the promoted package?
All golf packages can be customized, just keep in mind that due to differences in green fees the cost may increase/decrease accordingly.
3. Can I create a custom golf itinerary?
The travel experts at Golf in British Columbia are happy to work with you to create your custom golf vacation.
4. What are the accommodation options?
Most BC golf packages and vacations offer a selection of accommodation options. We will recommend a hotel after you have decided the style of accommodations you prefer, pulling from a select group of three-star to five-diamond hotel partners. Once you’ve confirmed your reservation, lodging information will be sent to you as part of your overall itinerary.
5. Do the golf packages include flights?
Travellers to golf British Columbia arrive by different methods of transportation, including ferry, plane, train or car. As such, our golf packages do not include the cost of flights or other modes of transportation. Flights or associated travel bookings are the traveller’s responsibility.
6. What if there are one (or more) non-golfer(s) in the group?
We can customize any package to accommodate non-golfers. Non-golfers of course do not have to pay for green fees that they not use. Should a non-golfer wish to ride along with a golfer, there may be an applicable rider fee.
Booking your BC Golf Trip
1. How far in advance would you recommend booking a golf getaway?
A longer lead time provides the best opportunity to secure your preferred accommodation and tee times on the British Columbia golf courses you’d like to play. Shorter time frames are perfectly acceptable, they just might not offer the same flexibility of accommodation/tee times, depending on golf destination and demand.
2. What methods of payment do you accept?
All major credit cards and e-transfers are accepted.
3. How much of a deposit is required?
A credit card is needed to hold your reservation. NOTHING gets charged to your card until all aspects of your trip have been booked, you’ve had a chance to review the confirmed itinerary, and you have given us the authorization to charge your credit card. At this time, we will authorize a 20% non-refundable deposit.
4. When is the balance due?
The remaining balance for your golf vacation is charged automatically, 30 days prior to arrival with the credit card you provided for the deposit. There is no need to contact our office to make the final payment. You’ll receive a confirmation email after the transaction has completed and relevant golf/accommodation/activity vouchers will be emailed to the address that you provided us upon booking. If your trip is within 30 days, we will take full payment upon booking.
5. Is there a fee to change my reservation?
You can amend golf trip reservation details twice without penalty. Additional changes to your golf vacation may be subject to a $25 change fee.
6. What is your cancellation policy?
With the exception of the 20% deposit and a $2 per person per tee time booking fee for trips in Whistler, your trip is fully refundable up until the date of travel (less any credit card fees, cancellation or no-show fees imposed by hotels and golf courses). Your 20% deposit is transferable towards another package of similar value for any future date. Your credit does not expire.
Group Golf Trips
1. What is the ideal size for a group golf party?
We believe that 8-12 golfers is ideal for a group golf trip and allows us to easily book preferred golf courses and accommodations, while finding the same accommodations and concurrent tee times for larger groups can present a bit of a challenge. That said, Golf in British Columbia is happy to work with you to book your golf group, regardless of size.
2. What if all the participants haven’t confirmed yet?
Other than the 20% deposit to hold a spot, you don’t need to provide the information for your participants until they are confirmed. Golfers can be added right up until the departure date, however, if you are adding additional golfers to your group we might be limited in accommodating tee times/hotel bookings depending on availability.
3. Can we pay individually rather than one person pay for everyone?
You can absolutely pay for your group golf trip individually, by couple, or by group.
During your BC Golf Vacation
4. What golf course information do you provide?
Your itinerary will include driving directions to all destinations as well as on-call services with Golf in British Columbia staff.
5. Is golf attire required?
Typically golf attire is required but is up to the discretion of individual golf courses. We recommend confirming with each golf course you are planning to play prior to your visit
6. What if it rains on our day of play?
If golf courses are rained-out we will fully refund your credit card for the green fee and cart amount. The playability and conditions are at the sole discretion of the pro shop on the day of play.
7. Are you able to suggest non-golf activities?
Absolutely! Our BC golf travel experts can suggest activities in your area upon request. We also invite you to visit the Golf in British Columbia blog for terrific après-golf tips.
8. What is the best time of year to take a BC golf vacation?
While there are a selection of year-round golf courses [/best-victoria-golf-courses-to-play-this-winter/] on Vancouver Island, in Vancouver, and the southern Okanagan, the majority of BC golf courses operate from early/late spring to early/late fall. For an idea of the best time of year to plan your BC golf vacation, visit our BC golf courses opening blog [/bc-golf-courses-opening-schedule/], updated annually as dates become available.